There isn’t much to distinguish one Labor Day weekend at the cabin from any other, but here are some things that stand out from our most recent trip:
- Meeting our friends’ baby girl, Cassidy, who did not scare us away from the thought of another child.
- Yard sale finds: Lite Brite for Aleisha, Viewmaster for Julia, some random plastic weapons for Delton and Ducktales books for me.
- Four laptops, none of them mine!
- Julia’s runny nose, Aleisha’s sinus infection and Dale’s bronchitis.
- I must have eaten a dozen Oreo cookies and still can’t decide if I like Double Stuf or Golden better.
- Kittens at the bookstore!
- Cool new spaghetti-like, waterfall-shaped fireworks.
- Casey and I playing monster with the kids.
- Julia fell in the pond!
- I spotted a buck!